There are lots of ways you can get involved with JDRF Middle Tennessee as we work to create a world with no T1D. Here’s how you can help:
1. Become a JDRF Committee Member or Volunteer – Join one of our many event committees or volunteer to assist with mailings, data entry, etc. We employ a limited staff, so that more money can go to research to find a cure for diabetes, so your help is critical! Please complete our volunteer interest form to let us know about your interest and availability.
2. JDRF Internship – JDRF Internships are a great way to learn about planning events from start to finish. Our Special Event Planning/Fundraising Intern will report to a JDRF Special Events Coordinator and will help the staff to execute special events and fundraise. This is an unpaid internship, but may be used for college credit. Click here for a job description and information on how to apply.
3. Participate in a Local Event – Sign up as a team captain for the JDRF Walk, join our Ride to Cure Diabetes Team, or participate in any of our many fundraising events throughout the year. Visit our Events page to see what’s coming up next!
4. Serve as a Government Relations Advocate – JDRF Advocacy provides a unique opportunity for you to help JDRF take one step closer to treating, curing and preventing type 1 diabetes (T1D), by turning your passion into action! Visit our Advocacy page for more information on how to get involved in JDRF’s advocacy efforts.
5. Engage with the T1D Community – There are many opportunities to connect with others with T1D in Middle Tennessee You may choose to serve as a mentor, lead or participate in a T1D Connection Group, or join our T1D Community Events committee. Visit our T1D Connections page to learn more or fill out our volunteer interest form.
6. Participate in a Clinical Trial – JDRF needs people with type 1 diabetes to consider participation in human clinical trials of experimental new therapies. The JDRF Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trials Connection is here to help people with type 1 diabetes better understand what is involved in participating in a clinical trial, and to simplify the process of finding trials that may be of interest to them or to their family members. Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet is a group of studies looking at the development, prevention, and early treatment of type 1 diabetes. You and your family may qualify to enroll in the Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Research Program at the Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Clinic. Learn more about the TrialNet studies by visiting www.diabetestrialnet.org. Locally, you can call (615)936-8638 or email email@example.com.
7. Make a donation – JDRF is the only global organization with a strategic plan to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until it is no longer a threat to anyone. Your tax-deductible gift will help JDRF create a world without T1D. We appreciate your financial support.
8. Support us while you shop – Use AmazonSmile. Shop at Amazon and they will donate a portion of your AmazonSmile purchases to JDRF. Be sure to select JDRF International as your charity. Shop using this link: smile.amazon.com.